Saturday, May 5, 2012

Professor X Could Kick Superman's Can...

When I think of great comic books, only one brand comes to mind.  So, I say, until Wolverine starts running a day-care, make mine Marvel.  Now, you may ask why I choose Marvel over DC.  Of course, you may not care at all, but, either way, allow me to expound.  You see, Marvel simply has more believable superheroes.  It's true.  The Marvel universe has heroes and villains that, while possessing all kinds of powers, have foibles and problems.  They mess up, and they scheme.  They jump back and forth across the line of good and evil, and, more than that, they take out their enemies like you and I would.  Just look at Wolverine.  He is the best at what he does.

Now, let me tell you about the humanly-challenged heroes and villains at DC.  Let's start with Superman.  I know, a measly wizard taking on the Man of Steel?  Well, I do not need Kryptonite.  However, that is where I plan to start...

Ok... you are the most powerful meta-human on the planet.  You can survive in most environments, and you are practically indestructible.  You can see through solid objects and have friends that have all kinds of cool gadgets.  Yet, you have never done a full sweep of the Earth for the one element that can kill you?  C'mon.  If I were the big guy, I would scour the globe, round up all the kryp and destroy it.  Problem solved.  Next, Lex Luthor.  I know the big boy scout can't kill him.  So, send him to phantom zone or lock him up in the fortress of solitude.  Anyway, a totally unbelievable character.

Next, the Caped Crusader, or Batman.  Him, I actually like, but his villains are just totally inane.  He is not a meta-human.  So, why can't seven or eight villains gang up.  Why can't they hire a super-villain like Darkside?  It makes no sense.  Anyone could throw napalm on the bat or trap him in a room without oxygen.  But, they never do!  It makes no sense.

Anyway, just a small rant for the moment... someone find me some kryptonite... now!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Wiz...but I like Superman. Batman, I could care less about, but The SMan is great. I think Lois Lane is lucky too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as a fan of both worlds, I enjoyed your post. However, as a HUGE fan of Superman I just want to say this...superheros become our favorites for a multitude of reasons. Some of us like certain heros because those are the first we were exposed to. Some of us like them because we identify with a character trait they have. So, what's my reasoning behind liking "The Man of Steel" ? His goodness. He doesn't kill Lex because, he tries to see the good in everyone. A trait I believe we all should try to have.

    ReplyDelete